Thursday, September 5, 2013

September 5, 2013 - THE BEST THURSDAY EVER.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreetings blog readers, from Hays, Kansas!  Prayers have been answered, and we got home around 3 pm!  As you can already guess, I had a good night, obviously!  Granted, I summoned for water and pit stops on a couple of occasions but we're used to that by now!  My O2 sats held throughout the night without any supplemental O2, the x-ray was clear this morning, and my lab #'s were on the money!  
After me and the fam talked yesterday about how ready we were to leave, it was kind of unsettling when we stepped back and looked at the situation!  We had been all but ready to leave on a couple of occasions in the preceding month, but had encountered a couple of hiccups.  Glad we got the hiccups there and not after we arrived home, which is where the unsettling part comes in - OMG, are we really ready to go home?!  The easy, obvious answer is HECK YES, but what if............?!  A wise man once said you can spend your whole life worrying about the what if's, live for the moment.  
They'd been saying all along about how they'd have us outta there by 10am if we were in fact dismissed and danged if the train wasn't running early!  Don't know too many incidences of early that go on in a ginormous joint like that, but I wasn't complaining!  Next it was off to the Donho to pack the rest of our belongings and give her a scrub before checking out.  Gemmie and I hammered down some mid morning snacks before hitting the road.  By 11am we were west bound and down.  We had a layover in Topeka with some lunch to go before napping the rest of the way home!  
 Never, ever had I been so excited to see Bosco - and man was he glad to see us!  After we had unpacked the family truckster, it was time to fire up the barbie.  For the past two or three days, I had repeatedly asked the rents to grill us some steaks, with shaw shaws (Gemmie lingo for french fries), salad, and ice cream for a meal.  We had the best meal ever, mostly because it was at home with my family - no nurses, care assistants, doctors, etc!  We could've eaten a stale sandwich of expired lunchmeat and moldy cheese and it still would've been the best meal ever, just cause we were home!
As Dorothy said, "There's no place like home!"  I hope you all are well, I love you, and I will continue to keep you updated!  I have a chest x-ray and labs next Monday and Friday here in good old Hays, America!  Gotta get my rest, so I can roughhouse with Gemmie and Bosco!  Peace, out, Beanie     

No comments:

Post a Comment