Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day '13 (9/2)

What up blog dogs?  Hope everyone is ready to tackle the 4 day week!  I know I am - all in all I had a productive holiday weekend without having to labor much at all!  I had another great night besides having to pee and needing to wet my whistle occasionally - my little kidneys gotta be smokin with all this lasix!  My X-ray, labs, and tube output were all stellar again this morning!
I hesitate to blog this but if you're gonna hang em, hang em high I always say!  If all goes well tonight and with my tests in the morning, it's bye, bye chest tube!  If this is the case, they're planning on switching my lasix to the oral version and watching me for a day - just to make sure that I handle the transition ok and the fluid doesn't come back.  All goes well, and it's hello, Hays!  If the fluid starts to come back, I'll have a Blake drain installed and then be sent home at some point.  
I'm not getting my hopes up, who the heck am I kidding - it's December 23rd in my world!  We've been this close on a couple of occasions here lately, so disappointment I understand but everything happens for a reason!  Lets pray that the tube does in fact come out in the mañana and the fluid does not reaccumulate!  The tweaking of the meds I can live with, but this all kinda goes hand in hand.
I feel like a broken record, blogging the same old story day after day!  Bot, mom, dad, and I have explored about every square inch of this hospital that they will let us and we've even set off an alarm or two trying to access areas we're not supposed to.  We're a little bored but we're making the best of it - today was family planking day at CMH!  Get some rest, you gotta go to work in the morning!  I love you all, I'm out, Beanie

1 comment:

  1. So guess what?!? I just woke up after going to bed early & sleeping for 3 hrs! Mom & dad just thought I was giving them an easy night! I'll show them! Today we woke up early to eat breakfast with the fam before gpa went golfing. He wanted to show me off to his friends I think. I spent most of the day at my gradma's because mom & dad wanted to work on the kitchen...again! I'm surprised mom let me go over there. Dad kept sayin something about grandma hittin me in the face with a shovel. I sure hope not! All I remember was grandma scooping dog poo & then I bent over to grab a ball & wham, my face instantly hurtin!
    So I saw some pics of your mommy & daddy laying on weird things...they're so weird! Don't worry though, my parents are too! We'll get into that later though. Any who, I'll catch ya later (hopefully soon in Hays), I gotta give mom a run for her money. Hoping to make her fall asleep trying to keep up with me so I can roam through the cabinets & watch Bubble Guppies. Miss you mucho!
    Hugs, Brynn

    ReplyDelete