Tuesday, August 20, 2013

08/20/13


Ever have one of those days when all day just seems out of sorts?  Well, that pretty much sums up mine thanks to the Versed medication.  I've been given it before to help me relax before certain procedures, and let me tell you - it tastes like crap!  Orders came in early this morning to have an echocardiogram and an electrocardiograph performed to check my progress, hence the Versed.  I think the initial plan was to send us packing late this afternoon if everything went smoothly?  Did I mention Versed tastes like manure, and it tends to make me a little (ok Alot) more cantankerous as it wears off?!  I just wasn't having it this morning and I chucked it up about as fast as it went down!  They were afraid that it didn't get into my system so they decided to postpone the tests and redose me around noon before running the tests.  May as well just ordered a knuckle sandwich and cauliflower ear for lunch, thanks fellas!  Anyways, the rest of the morning I was a little hard to handle and my motor skills were as if I'd drank my breakfast rather than ate it, if you know what I mean?!  Needless to say, I'm persistent but the rents are even more, so we all four made it through.  11:30 rolled around and here comes round two, I kept it down but it was by the hair of my chinny, chin, chin!  With my bulb already primed from this am's session, this one pretty much made my eyes roll into the back of my head!  I was out, but I hear they got some really good pics-thank heavens!  Lets just say that after I woke up, I felt like I'd stayed up way too late the night before having way too much fun!  
Then there was the blood draw(s).  I got the pleasure of being harpooned once in each arm early this morning with no blood drawn.  They did remove both my remaining IV's and managed to catch enough blood in the vial that I wouldn't need to be stuck...but then lost the sample.  Seriously, Count Dracula must be running the lab or something!  To make a long story short, I got dug around on one more time with a vial drawn and actually read at the lab.  
If all goes well tonight and with my chest X-ray tomorrow morning, they talk like we're gonna get our walking papers late in the morning!  None of us are holding our breath, but we need out of this place...SOON!  Claustrophobia, cabin fever, stir crazy, climbing the walls, neurosis, restlessness, temporary insanity - you get the picture!  
I pray that tomorrow night I blog good news from my own bed of a smooth checkout (w/ 0 stinkin lab draws) and safe travels!  I hope you all rest well!  XOXO, Kaylee

No comments:

Post a Comment