Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Hump day #3 (8/28/13)

Seriously, can you believe two weeks ago today I was supposed to have surgery!  Whoever said time flies when your having fun is full of malarkey, at least in this case!  The numbness of the situation we all feel / experience could have something to do with it - I don't expect you to understand nor would I want you to!  
So, another great night of counting them sheep awaking to a wonderful Rontgen ray film viewing experience!  Those lungs be inflatin like never before, in fact I didn't even need any blow by oxygen last night!  My O2 sats held btw 92-94% for the entire night - it's amazing the quality shut eye one can get when you're not hypoxic!  The radiologist officially reports he can still see some remnant fluid in my right lung base, but me and the other docs think it's a pretty insignificant amount!  By tomorrow, I hope to have the rest pushed out - whether I push it out my tube or my body absorbs it naturally.  I still drained a fair amount of fluid through my tube last night and this morning.  However, since lunch, I've probably drained less than 25 mL - and dads been all over keeping that hose unkinked like a fat kid on a cupcake!  At this point on the roller coaster ride, I'm not going to get my hopes up that it's gonna end anytime soon, but wouldn't it be nice?!  
The plan for tomorrow is a routine chest film and then an echocardiogram because its been 1 week since we last did one.  We get to skip labs tomorrow, which is nice b/c neither of my bad boy IV's are quite so bad anymore.  Today my #'s were spot on, but I had to get stuck - OUCH!  They can push meds through both IV's like a knife thru butter but getting them to bleed is another story!  Oh well, one day at a time!  All I know is I'm more smiles since I've been here, I'm enjoying my family even more, and I get to spend the night with my momma - what more could a girl want!  Dad and my deranged sister are off to the Donho - sayonara suckers!  I hope this finds you and your families well, I long for the day I get to go home and see you all in person!  All the hugs and kisses I got, Beanie

No comments:

Post a Comment