Thursday, August 29, 2013

8/29/13

Greetings blog readers, paperbackwriter - not so much these days!  Hope everyone's Thursday went well!  I really won't know exactly how mine went until the X-ray in the morning and the dreaded blood draw.  Y's that u ask?  K, here we go.
Mom and I slept well - there's just something about the comfort of ones mamma!  My sats weren't as good as the night before, dropping into the high 80's, which required a little O2.  The #'s weren't terrible but we were scratching our heads as to why?  Low and behold; the chest X-ray, echo, and lack of drainage pointed their fingers toward the chest tube as to the culprit.  My chest xray showed mild effusion on my right lung compared to the previous day and the echo confirmed.  Member how I blogged that pop had a little OCD when it came to checking the tube?  Yeah, well, no chance in hades that it was an external kink!  So what then is the deal you ask?  The docs said that it was either clotted on the inside, kinked on the inside, pushed itself against my chest wall, or any / all the above!  Intervention #1, flusher out and hope she drains - ride this thing out and check X-ray and labs in the morning to monitor progress.  #2, if not satisfactory results, increase lasix and see if I can rid this effusion w/out the tube doing much.  Lastly, #3, pull the tube and put in a tube that I can go home with for a period of time so I can get the heck outta here.
Mid morning we flushed out the tube and pulled ~20mL of fluid off my lung with a syringe.  We also pulled a hunk of hide outta the tube that definitely wasn't conducive as far as flow was concerned!  Dad asked about trying to pull more fluid off with the syringe while we were there but they said it should drain on its own.  In my almost 4 years of existence, I've learned that what's supposed to happen and what actually happens aren't always the same!  I really didn't drain much at all after the flushing but we're just going to pray that my body is taking care of business on its own!  Time will tell!  Either way, the good Lord is on our side and with him we will all be taken care of.
I just had an epiphany - what if we just asked the carni to stop the roller coaster at the top of the loop and then the remaining fluid would run out my mouth, nose, and ears?!  OK, maybe not the best idea I've had but if you have any suggestions, I'm all ears!  Well my friends, I don't have much else to say.  I hope you all have a good friday and an awesome weekend!  Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers!  Love from Kansas City, Kaylee

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kaylee! Brynn here! Momma said I should give you a shout to let you know I'm still praying for you every night & even at lunch when I remember. We're going to have so much fun when you get home! I need someone to hang with since mom's getting tired of my obsessions with Bubble Guppies & frozen Gogurts! She just doesn't get it! It's been hot here this week. A swimming play date was much needed! But since mom said we were outta options, I settled for my sprinkler and playing in the water hose! I even got to go to Dodge on Wed & see my nana! Mom took me to Hobby Lobby where I found so many cool things I'm just sure you'd love! Gotta head out now, Bubble Guppies is calling my name! Later gater!

    ReplyDelete