Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sunday, Aug, 25, 2013

Good evening everyone!  Anyone get to have a Sunday funday?  My day was not near as good as yesterday!  In fact, you ever get anxiety on Sunday about tomorrow and the upcoming week?  Well, guess what, I do on occasion, and today was definitely one of those days.  It wasn't necessarily a bad day, but everyone's demeanor was "edgy" today.  Everybody slept great last night, best night I've had since I checked in.  My tests went smoothly this morning but the results weren't so stellar.  After sleeping so well and keeping the best O2 sats since the op, we all felt maybe we were turning the corner...WRONG!  My chest X-ray showed little change and if there was change, it wasn't for the better.  My labs were no better on my potassium either, actually 1/10th of a point less, but my sodium went up 1 whole point - strike up the band!  
The docs rounded and the main concern was still increasing my potassium levels.  My sodium is close but my potassium needs some TLC - ALOT!  That on top of an X-ray showing a little wetter right lung, yeah, we've got some work to do.  They bumped my potassium concentration up on the continual IV drip, we'll continue lasix, and go for another round of tests around 5 bells in the morning - coffee anyone?!  If tests read the same as today or God forbid, worse, it's PICC time - according to my head doc rounding today.  
Here's the kicker : the team I'm used to seeing is rotating, so I get a brand set of docs and residents!  Who knows what tomorrow holds in store for me?  I guess when you think about it, you don't know what it holds in store for you either!  Best case scenario, everything's better - hello captain obvious!  Next best, as I see it, the new doc and team isn't happy with progress thus far and we go with the PICC.  Yeah, it's invasive and there's an increased risk of infection with the procedure, but the longer I stay here twiddling my thumbs trying to get this situation handled - that also poses a risk!  Remember how I said I was ready to get off the coaster ride?  I feel as if I'm on a notsomerry-go-round ride from hell here!  I want four tickets to ride the rocketship west!  
Patience is a virtue, huh?  That really perturbs me.  I guess I'm where the good Lord wants me and this is all part of his plan!  I'm going to blog down and hope up for tomorrow.  You all have a FAAAAAAAAAANNNNNTASTIC MONDAY!  I'm out, I love you all, Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment