Saturday, August 31, 2013

Saturday Night's Alright (8/31/13)

Happy Labor Day weekend, it is upon us!  I'm kinda perturbed at dad - he kept saying before this ordeal how he couldn't wait for this holiday weekend b/c he thought this would be far behind us!  He jinxed us again, he just doesn't know when to keep his big piehole shut!
Now that I'm done griping about him blabbing, I'm hesitant to share the good word, but I can't help it!  Last night was ok.  I needed a little blowby O2 to hold my sat #'s a little more steady.  I also needed a little OxyContin cause my tummy and chest were a little painful around 2am but I've needed a little help the previous nights also.  You try getting comfortable with a tube jammed thru the side of your chest vacuuming out fluid - believe me, it's easier said than done!  I slept from then on until my 5am meds and then a little bit til my X-ray at 6 bells.  
Good news, my chest X-ray looked better b/c of another round of pachyderm lasix yesterday and MAYBE a LITTLE help from the tube.  Then it was lab time, oh how I hate the four letter word labs.  I can be totally zoned into max and ruby until I hear someone at the nurses station mention labs, and I start to freak a little!  This lady was money though, she came in and took care of business after dad bull dogged me down in the recliner!  I ain't kiddin ya, it's like I got fire ants in my panties when I see that tourniquet.  We had no more than ordered my bacon, sausage, and apple for breakfast when the np came in to drain some more fluid.  Overnight, I think I drained a whopping 40mL - whoopty doo Basil!  She started pulling with the syringe and sucked out 95 mL in about 2 mins - now we're getting stuff done!  She wanted to go talk to the surgeon to see if he wanted her to pull more cause it was still drawing relatively easy when she had filled all her syringes!  
Waiting, waiting, waiting for her return and then the breakfast bell rings.  The lady delivered my grindage and I was set - dad even requested that they make my bacon soft and not crispy for me, which they did!  He and I have had many a conversation about bacon - we LIKE it!  As I was eating, dad was drooling all over the floor!  He happened to look at the puddle of drool on the floor and noticed that not only could he give Bosco a run for his money, but my tube was cranking out fluid!  
I don't understand this tube.  Initially, it took off draining like a bat outta you know where, then shifted into Moses gear, and has once again taken off draining like a banshee!  I don't care at this point!  Since this morning, I've drained out about 300mL of fluid.  The drainage slowed considerably after lunch but I'm just hoping it's cause there ain't much left in there?!  
Just think how fat my sats are gonna be tonight!  I'm also really looking forward to this X-ray in the morning.  The labs, well, I held my #'s today like a big girl, so I'm sure they'll be fine, but I'm anticipatin a stickin on the horizon!  Don't worry, I'm controlling my excitement...somewhat, so if I jinx myself, so be it.  I just couldn't help but share my sweet little Saturday news with you!  Have a safe rest of the holiday weekend.  XOXO from KCMO, Beanie

No comments:

Post a Comment