Friday, August 30, 2013

8/30/13

TGIF, I guess?!  You know the saying : same stuff, different day?  Welcome to my life!  Ah, it's not that bad I guess,  it's temperature and climate controlled in here!  It's funny how during my first experience here some dang near four years ago, my family and I thought this cafeteria food is tasty!  The second surgery about 6 mos after the first it was kinda like well, I guess we can go eat in the cafeteria?  With this surgery, I would rather eat finger nail clippings dipped in toejam than the cafeteria.  I'm sorry for the graphic content, I guess I just lost my "G" rating!  
Ok, moving on.  I slept rather well while dad stayed at the hospital with me.  I think mom knew the needle stick was coming and thought she'd just let dad deal with it?!  My sats held well even though the nurse started the O2 immediately.  Evidentially she buttonhooked us while the chaplain was in saying prayers with us?  This didn't set too well with my dad so he smothered the mask btw two pillows to see how I did on my own?  I know what you're thinking, harsh and cruel of my old dad!  His OCD can come in handy - I overheard mom say something about a "monitor nazi", so I rest easy knowing that he's keeping a watchful eye over me.  Not that my mom doesn't, but daddy can be pretty protective of his girls!  Where was I, oh yes, my sats were back up into the low 90's for the night, w/ O2, ;);)!  
The X-ray showed unchanged from yesterday, at least the e-F-usion isn't accumulating!  Then came the lab draw.  I pretty much flipped a breaker when I caught a glimpse of the man carrying the tackle box of torture.  This dude might want to consider helping the custodial tech dept rather than the phlebotomy team!  He's 0/3 on hitting one of my veins, he has a potty poor bedside manner, and dad thinks his lumbosacral area could use a little adjusting, along with his attitude, because of the way he kept stretching and arching his back between attempts!  He was going to send for the ultrasound machine and vascular team but instead two ladies from his team came up and got the job done no problemo!  Don't get me wrong, it was still dramatic and traumatic, but at least it was mission accomplished.  
Before the docs rounded, the nurse practitioner that drained the tube via syringe yesterday came back and drained off another 30 mL of fluid.  She said that we might continue to drain it at regular intervals, it depended on what the surgeon wanted to do?  The docs rounded and pretty much said that we're going to continue to let the tube drain and possibly draw off extra w/ syringe periodically.  My lab #'s looked good, my sodium had dropped just a couple points but we're going to continue the 3x's /day lasix instead of just 2x's/day and add a little enhancer to see if the situation at hand is still manageable?  
I can't imagine anything major is going to happen over the holiday weekend, so we'll remain patient until Monday or Tuesday.  Then it's going to be go time for the rest of the week because dads starting to drop hints about our departure next Friday whether we have their blessing or not!  He says he's joking about it, but lets just hope we've got the situation handled by then!
Enough!  It's a 3 day weekend, and you all had better do some L - I - V - I - N for me!  Go, do, eat, drink, play - just don't do anything I wouldn't do!  Peace, Love, and Popsicle sticks!  Over and out, The Bean, schtt...

No comments:

Post a Comment