Tuesday, August 27, 2013

8/27/13

Tuesday's gone...with the wind!  Let me tell you, it was nothing like Monday - Hallelujah!  We slept amazing last night and my nurse was great - she let us snooze pretty much the entire night until my chest X-ray at 6 am which looked...AMAZING!  I have a funny suspicion dad might've said something about the previous night's events - just a hunch?!  You could actually make out two distinct lung fields on the film, funny how that correlates with my oxygen sats flying a little higher lately!  My labs looked great except I was a little low on albumin so I had a small amount infused during lunch and my nap, no biggie!
The docs rounded mid to late morning and were pleased with my progress and lack of drainage overnight.  So pleased that they were talking about just leaving the tube in for one more day as a precautionary measure which we are ok with!  Good thing Dr. Mom was there cause she asked about an antibiotic for the tube.  Everyone thought it had been ordered but no one actually put the orders through - good call mom!  Id just assume not compound our stay here anymore with an infection.  Later in the morning, dad was checking my chest perforation and tube out while playing with the vacuum line cause, well, he just can't leave things alone!  Good thing he was horsing around cause my tube was kinked right after it came out of my chest!  This could possibly explain the lack of drainage overnight (~40mL) compared to the nearly 300mL during the day!  Oh well, lets get this all drained off and figured out / taken care of while we're here before we go home.  I don't wanna come back here again except for some routine, run of the mill check ups!  I'm beginning to wonder if they have any extended stay price discounts here?  It really doesn't matter cause we all got Obamacare and we're all covered right?;)!  
All in all, a much more relaxing day!  Don't get me wrong, there's still a lot of screaming/crying/laughing/noise in general stemming from room 11, 4th floor Sutherland tower at Children's Mercy Hospital but I'm with my family and we're all pulling through this together!  Oh, I almost forgot, Dr. Mom also took the initiative and moonlighted in a little hair styling work on my birds nest hairdo!  Don't laugh, what do you expect for 2 wks worth of bed head?  Your rug'd be matted n' tangled too!  As traumatic and dramatic as it was, my locks be lookin clean and curly - thanks mom!
We'll run the tests in the mañana and see where hump day takes us!  Until then, stay out of trouble!  Actually, raise a little you know what for me, just don't get caught!  Until next time, may the force and peace be with you.  XOXO, Kaylee

No comments:

Post a Comment