Saturday, August 24, 2013

Saturday Night Special

Jane, get me off this crazy thing!  This roller coaster ride is about to make my dads hair fall out or at least turn bright white!  When we do finish the ride, return home, and things are "normal" again - I think we all may have some celebratory cocktails.  I'll have a TALL water on the rocks and Gemmie will have a milk - neat!  Gemmie sure does love her some milk, while I can't get enough agua!  
Last night was rough to say the least!  Dad and I had a terrible sleep over on 4th floor while mom and  Gembot were restless at the Donho.  To make a long story short, member the pachyderm lasix?  Yeah, well, it killed my electrolytes - especially my potassium (it became critically low)!  Let me tell you ladies, it ain't all about the hormones - them electrolytes outta whack can make you moody too (not that we're ever moody)!  Great, i suppose every male that reads this is gonna have his ol' lady on a gatorade drip and hold me accountabe - that is if the light bulb goes off and I seriously have my doubts (member my thick headed dad?)!  
On the flip side, my chest X-ray showed less fluid on my right breathing bag!  That's the price you gotta pay to play the game I guess?!  When the docs rounded, we had to come up with a plan for my replenishment of fluids, especially the potassium.  Everything was suggested; from eating a banana tree, to lotso pills, to lotso liquid, etc.  Beings that I really wasn't eating, drinking, or wanting to take my oral meds - we were in a predicament.  It came down to either resticking a PICC line in (OUCH) or putting the fluids back in very slowly through that bad boy in my arm.  Were going to see how I tolerate the slow method through my arm for the rest of today and the early morn hours of tomorrow. By dinner bells I had already taken one leg of my cranky pants off and was asking for more food than  my entire previous days sum here!  Maybe it was sleep deprivation, the anti-nausea meds I received at 10am this morning, me getting my lytes partially in check, or all the above?  At this point I don't really know, but since my nap this afternoon I'm a brand new woman!  Mom and dad are smiling more, Gemmie's still a clown, and we're all so over this place!  Dont get me wrong, its a great place and i love /appreciate everyone here, but we gotta get outta this place!  I need to get better soon cause Gem keeps wantin to roughhouse, and I'm gonna have to put her in her place!  Don't forget church in the morning!  XOXO, Kaylee

No comments:

Post a Comment