Thursday, August 15, 2013

Fontan Completion

Yup, today it finally happened - the third and final part of my heart surgeries, along with a little TLC on my tricuspid!  Everything went smoothly; from the check-in, to being separated from mom, dad, and Gemmie, to the surgery itself!  I went under the knife around 8:30am and finished around noon!  I did so well that I was extubated before I got to see mom and dad!  That postponed the reunion a little but anything to speed up the recovery process!
Coming out of anesthetic is a little rough and for the love of God, would someone please give me some water - 80 glasses of big, juicy ice water w/ no lid & a straw, 80 bowls of tomato soup, and 80 glasses of milk, check that 80 glasses of chocolate milk to be exact! Any of you that know me, know that I can be a little demanding and I don't hesitate to bark orders - especially when I'm cranky!  I would love to blog more but I'm a little delirious and I need my zzzzzzzz's!  Everyone please rest easy knowing that I am stable, my numbers continue to improve, and I hope to be out of the PICU soon!  My family and I are so fortunate to have you all in our lives keeping us in your thoughts and prayers, God bless you all, I love you all - The Bean.

No comments:

Post a Comment