Monday, August 19, 2013

August Nineteenth, The Year of Our Lord Two Thousand Thirteen

Monday Monday, so good to me!  What?  You don't listen to the mamas and the papas?  You're killing me smalls!  No sandlot either?!  Forget it.  So I hope no one had a case of the mundays or atleast didn't say it to anyone and get your a$£ kicked over it!  If you haven't caught on by now, it's obvious you have no clue when it comes to classic 20th century music or cinema.
So my day started off a little rocky (kinda restless night) but turned around after lunch!  I still didn't have a lot of desire to eat or drink this morning but felt good enough for multiple family wagon rides throughout 4th floor Hensen tower!  The docs rounded this am and said my chest tube drainage was minimal - the tubes could come out!  They also said that I continue to stay ahead of the game but they didn't want to go backwards so I would stay on IV lasix for one more day with tubes coming out, just to be safe!  I resumed all the rest of my oral meds I was on before, but they may go away as time progresses - we'll see!
So around 1:30, they doped me with morphine and tugged out my chest tubes - what'd you have for dessert?!  Actually, it went rather smoothly, but I'm not sad about this hopefully being the last time!  Rewind, remember last surgery, I pulled them out myself-without morphine!  The staff all said how kids usually turn around pretty quickly after getting them out when it came to eating and drinking...and I was no exception.  I consumed lunchables, popsicles, milk, Gatorade, fruit snacks, snap peas, and Oklahoma Joes BBQ (oh dang)!  How you think my sodium levels gonna be in the mañana, BOO-YAW?!
So, Monday Monday didn't find me cryin' all of the time.  There were some tears shed, I won't lie, but it could've been a heck of a lot worse!  I still have my sights set on Hays for mid-week but we'll just have to wait and see!  
Goodnight,
sleep tight,
don't let the bed bugs bite,
I love you all,
Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment